Thomas

Tuesday 23 July 2013

Let's Play Trains

Lately my children (ok, I admit, not only the children) have been into playing with toy trains. I found a neat Thomas the tank Engine set second hand, set it up and we have all been hooked ever since.


The neat thing about this one is that the engines are battery powered, so they can run on their own!
The youngest really likes making "accidents happen" all the time, and we are forever setting up bridges that have no ends, and broken tracks for the trains to fall off of.


Luckily we also have 2 set ups that have their own fall away parts built right in, a zip line and a drop down onto another track below!

(I personally can't wait to find the shake shake bridge)
What fun!

The thing I love the most about this track though, is that we all enjoy playing with it, from my oldest, who is now almost a teenager, to my youngest who is 2. Even mommy and daddy get in on the set up (and daddy has been known to stay up all night setting up tracks for the littles to play on the next day, even if it only lasts an hour)


We have spent hours as a family setting up tracks, running the trains (including a couple of remote control ones) and yes, even cleaning them up at the end of our play.

No comments:

Post a Comment